We support service users to recruit personal assistants
- please use the search tool below to see PA
vacancies in your area. For these vacancies the
service user would be your employer.
The Rowan vacancies section are vacancies we are
recruiting for. For these vacancies the Rowan
Organisation would be your employer.
In order to improve our service, we'd like to know where you look for vacancies. Please spare 2 minutes to complete this anonymous survey - click here to go to survey.
* NEW * PA Vacancy Search Portal.
Please complete the form below and click on 'Search' to find vacancies in your area.
Note 'Keywords', "Reference" and "Category" are optional.
To search for jobs within your area enter in the distance from you (miles) and your postcode only.
We have the following vacancy avaiable working for the Rowan Organisation in England at present. Please use the 'PA Vacancies' Tab above to look for working as a Personal Care Assistant in your area.
Midlands - e.g. Birmingham/Coventry/Warwickshire (Homeworking)
Health Independent Living Advisor
Personal Health Budgets Support Scheme
The Rowan Organisation is a leading Direct Payments, Personal Budgets and Personal Health Budgets support organisation. We are committed to the empowerment of disabled people by supporting them to overcome their barriers, be they physical, institutional or attitudinal, which prevent them from achieving their objectives, or which limit their choice and prevent them from being in control of their lives.
Health Independent Living Advisor.
£20,661 - £22,658 per annum, 37 hours per week, pension scheme and childcare voucher scheme.
- To effectively manage an allocated workload of individuals requiring information and support.
- To work with individuals in their own homes or other appropriate settings, in order to develop a supportive relationship through which they can explore their options for independent living.
- To ensure that individuals have sufficient, appropriate information in order that they can make informed choices.
- Ensure that information for individuals is presented in an accessible format that is specific to individual requirements.
- To agree the level and type of support that each individual will need and to provide a written statement to this effect.
- To liaise with other agencies as necessary.
- To arrange interpreting, translation and other support services, as necessary, to ensure that each individual has the opportunity to participate effectively.
- To be involved in the setting up and facilitation of support groups.
- To maintain the administrative requirements of this post, both in paper & electronic format, including the use of the Organisation’s IT systems.
- Identify, research and source the services that are required to achieve the desired outcomes and contribute to the maintenance of an up to date resource directory of service provision within the locality.
- Negotiate with service providers and suppliers for best-value-for-money services.
- To develop a full financial plan within budgetary constraints.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- GCSE A-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and Outlook)
- Employment Law and Legislation knowledge
- Good communication
- Excellent telephone manner
- Inputting and maintaining accurate records
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Customer Service experience
Please download the application form below. When
completed please e-mail back to
Information on the Rowan Organisation
Guaranteed Interview Information
Equal Opportunities Information
IMPORTANT! Please make sure you enter in the job
reference on the application form and also include it
in the e-mail title.
We currently have no Rowan Vacancies inWales. Please use the 'PA Vacancies' Tab above to look for working as a Personal Assistant in your area.
National PA Register - COMING SOON!
New PA Vacancy Search Portal.
Please note this portal is currently under construction. For our current PA Vacancies please click on the tab 'PA Vacancies'.