We support service users to recruit personal assistants
- please use the search tool below to see PA
vacancies in your area. For these vacancies the
service user would be your employer.
The Rowan vacancies section are vacancies we are
recruiting for. For these vacancies the Rowan
Organisation would be your employer.
In order to improve our service, we'd like to know where you look for vacancies. Please spare 2 minutes to complete this anonymous survey - click here to go to survey.
* NEW * PA Vacancy Search Portal.
Please complete the form below and click on 'Search' to find vacancies in your area.
Note 'Keywords', "Reference" and "Category" are optional.
To search for jobs within your area enter in the distance from you (miles) and your postcode only.
We have the following vacancy available working for the Rowan Organisation in England at present.
Head Office, Old Arley, Coventry & Home based for part of the week
Independent Living Advisor
37 hours per week
£21.693, scp 23 per annum.
Child care vouchers, pension scheme and employee benefits portal.
The Rowan Organisation provides support services which enable people to maximise their opportunity for independent living. The role of Independent Living Adviser is to facilitate a community based service that provides individuals with information and support so that they can access and make use of monies provided through relevant funding streams. In carrying out their duties Advisers should be mindful of the need to maximise the opportunity for self-determination and to work in a way which empowers people to take and maintain control of their own lives.
Advisers should also work in a way which recognises the individual's cultural needs and ensures adherence to the Organisation's Equal Opportunities Policy.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively manage an allocated workload of individuals requiring information and support.
- To work with individuals in their own homes or other appropriate settings, in order to develop a supportive relationship through which they can explore their options for independent living.
- To ensure that individuals have sufficient, appropriate information in order that they can make informed choices.
Ensure that information for individuals is presented in an accessible format that is specific to individual requirements.
- To agree the level and type of support that each individual will need and to provide a written statement to this effect.
- To liaise with other agencies as necessary.
- To attend meetings and reviews, as necessary.
- To arrange interpreting, translation and other support services, as necessary, to ensure that each individual has the opportunity to participate effectively.
- To be involved in the setting up and facilitation of support groups.
- To maintain the administrative requirements of this post, both in paper & electronic format, including the use of the Organisation’s IT systems.
- To positively promote and publicise the Organisation and its services to all potential stakeholders.
- Identify, research and source the services that are required to achieve the desired outcomes and contribute to the maintenance of an up to date resource directory of service provision within the locality.
- Negotiate with service providers and suppliers for best-value-for-money services.
- To develop a full financial plan within budgetary constraints.
- Facilitate the development and expansion of community resources through partnership and networking with community organisations and other providers.
- Support individuals to develop and manage the timely submission of any financial returns required.
- To operate within the quality assurance measures required by the organisation.
- To seek regular feedback about the service from individuals to ensure that the service is responsive to their expectations.
ILA Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide information, support and advice to individuals in the recruitment of their staff as necessary. To include but not exclusively:
- Job Descriptions
- Person Specifications
- Support Planning
- Contingency Planning
- To provide ongoing information, support and advice in respect of the employment of staff as necessary. To include but not exclusively:
- Employment Law/Legislation
- Contracts of Employment
- Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures
- Staff Supervision & Induction
- Health and Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Payroll Service
- Managed Accounts
- To work with individuals to identify their formal training needs. To arrange and contribute to training programmes as considered necessary. This to include both individual and group programmes.
- To work on our information and advice team, based at head office,a few days per week supporting service users and practitioned with employment law queries.
- To support individuals to complete DBS applications and verify information where necessary.
- To support individuals to liaise with their employment advisors through the Employers Liability Insurance when experiencing staffing issues.
- To work in a collaborative manner with other staff members within The Rowan Organisation.
- To attend staff meetings and personal supervision
- To keep an inventory of all equipment, arrange for necessary maintenance and report to appropriate person the need for replacement.
- Liaise with appropriate person in respect of orders for materials, equipment etc.
- To contribute to the planning and development of the organisation's work by attending meetings and working groups as required.
- To attend and participate in training courses as deemed necessary.
- To participate in all Personal Development Opportunities and to achieve the required level of competency for the role, within the agreed timescale
- Any other duty which may from time to time be allocated, providing this falls within the role of Independent Living Adviser.
Please download the application form below. When
completed please e-mail back to
Information on the Rowan Organisation
Guaranteed Interview Information
Equal Opportunities Information
IMPORTANT! Please make sure you enter in the job
reference on the application form and also include it
in the e-mail title.
We currently don't have any vacancies available working for the Rowan Organisation in Wales at present. Please check back in the future.
National PA Register - COMING SOON!
New PA Vacancy Search Portal.
Please note this portal is currently under construction. For our current PA Vacancies please click on the tab 'PA Vacancies'.